Maths skills are vital in everyday life. Please support your child in becoming a confident mathematician by discussing the maths involved in these “real life” situations:
- Tell the time using an analogue clock/watch.
- Convert between analogue and digital time, 12 and 24 hour time.
- Work out what time it will be in ____ minutes.
- Work out how many minutes it is until a certain time.
- Weighing ingredients when cooking/baking.
- Measuring length in art/craft activities.
- Coin recognition.
- Totalling the cost when shopping.
- Calculating change when shopping.
- Calculating discounts when shopping in the sales.