Here in Nursery and Reception, we provide an ‘Outstanding’ start to school life.
We sustain the highest quality teaching and learning which enable children to be the best that they can be.
Each class has a dedicated teacher and we are blessed in having two very accomplished teaching assistants in each of those classes. We provide the daily care and nurture that every child needs in order for them to excel in being positive, dignified and have high expectations in everything they do.
Our aim is to ensure our children are happy, confident and independent learners. In order to do this effectively, we place great value on the partnership between school and home.
Early Years Curriculum Overview
Here are just a few examples of what we do at St George’s.
- Family Learning (teachers, parents and children learning together)
- Home Learning sent home every Friday in both Nursery and Reception (returned on Monday)
- Nursery Stay and Play
- Teachers available at the end of every school day ready to discuss any concerns
Even our youngest learners are aware of our school ethos.
They maintain an exceptional level of self-presentation, are proud of their written work and always act with integrity. We have a proven record of sending children into Year 1 with all the skills they need in order to be successful in the future.
All children are expected to:
- make to their own sensible choices
- move calmly and act kindly
- have outstanding handwriting
- have a love of reading
- have a confident voice.
Our doors are always open; please come and have a look around!